74. The town of Pilibhit is famous for the production of:
A. Brass material
D. Glass articles
8. Tamasha is a robust form of folk theatre in :
2. In Hindustani classical music "Rag Bhairvi" is sung during-
(A) early morning
(B) late evening
59. Where is the headquarter of Reserve Bank of India situated?
16. Who among the following has made distinction between distributive justice and corrective justice?
(C) John Stuart Mill
(D) John Austin
60. Dadasaheb Phalke was affiliated with:
(a) Politics (b) Sports
(c) Cinema (d) Literature
29. The Highest Civilian Award in the Republic of India is :
(a) Padma Vibhushan
(b) Padma Shri
(c) Padma Bhushan
(d) None among the above three
60. Whose name was announced for the Bharat Ratna Award in 2008?
(A) Pandit Ravi Shanker
(B) Tapan Sinha
(C) M.S. Subba Laxmi
(D) Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
27. First woman to become High Court Judge in India is :
(a) Justice Leila Seth
(b) Justice Fatima Beevi
(c) Justice K.K. Usha
(d) Justice Anna Chandy.
28. In which year the High Court of Judicature of Allahabad was stablished:
(a) 1916 AD
(b) 1866 AD
(c) 1888 AD
(d) 1868 AD
65. The number of Judges in the International Court of Justice is :
14. The Magistrate cannot order investigation by CBI. It was held in:
(A) CBI V. State of Rajasthan (2001) 3 SCC 333
(B) Secy. Minor Irrigation & Rural Engg. Services, U.P.v. Sahngoo Ram Arya (2002) 5 SCC 521
(C) Union Bank of India V. Prakash P. Hinduja (2003) 6 SCC 195
(D) None of the above
88. According to the new companies act, 2013, what is the minimum number of person/s required to from a Private Limited Company ?
89. Under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 which came into force in November, 2012 ‘child’ means a boy or girl below the age of.
(A) 15 years
(B) 16 years
(C) 17 years
(D) 18 years
94. Transplantation of Human Organ (Amendment) Act, 2011 increased the publisher for illegal human organ and tissue transplantation to.
(A) 7 years
(B) 10 years
(C) Life Imprisonment
(D) None of the above
3. Which of the following High Courts has the largest number of Benches?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
4. Who was the first Chief Justice of Independent India?
(A) Justice P.B. Gajendragadkar
(B) Justice H.R. Khanna
(C) Justice K. Subba Rao
(D) Justice H.J. Kania
5. Who is associated with drafting of Indian Penal Code?
(A) Lord Macaulay
(C) Sir H.S. Mayne
(D) Frederick Pollock
10. To qualify as a National Political Party, a political party has to fulfill which of the following conditions?
(A) it has to win assembly seats at least in three States
(B) it has to receive 4% of the total votes polled in 2 or more States
(C) it has to receive 6 % of the total votes share in four or more States
(D) None of the above
59. Who wrote the book Roses in December ?
(a) Justice Hidayatullah (b) Justice M.C. Chagla
(c) Justice Fathirna Beevi (d) Justice Kailash Nath Wanchoo
66. The God of Small Things, a famous book is written by :
(a) Jhumpa Lahiri (b) Arundhati Roy
(c) Aruna Roy (d) Twinkle Khanna
69. Author of the famous book Before Memory Fades is :
(a) Ram Jethmalani (b) FS. Nariman
(c) Rohinton Fali Nariman (d) Anand Narain Mulla
70. Arthashashtra is a book written by :
(a) Kautilya (b) Aryabhata
(c) Bhaskarachalya (d) Brahmbhatt
26. “My Own Boswell” is autobiography of:
(a) Justice Mohd. C. Chagla
(b) Justice M. Hidayatulla
(c) Justice V.r. Krishna Iyear
(d) Justice Markandey Katju
94. Purusha-shukta is a part of:
63. In his work Kalidas exhibits a particular leaning towards the worship of:
5. Who is the author of the book ‘New Dimensions of India’s Foreign Policy"?
(A) A.B. Vajpayee
(B) Jaswant Singh
(C) P.C. Alexander
(D) Yashwant Sinha
9. "Before Memory Fades" : an Autobiography is written by-
(A) Nani Palkhivala
(B) Fali S. Nariman
(C) Archna Upadhyay
(D) Vikram Seth
70. Which of the following is also a name of Hindi movie:
A. Article 370
B. Article 15
C. Article 226
D. All the above
61. Which one of the following Hindi feature films is directed by the famous Bengali film director Sri Satyajit Ray:
(a) Do Bigha Zamin (b) Arohan
(c) Shatranj Ke Khilari (d) Aakrosh
62. The first indigenously made Hindi Cinecolor feature film is :
(a) Anarkali (b) Raja Harishchandra
(c) Kisan Kanya (d) Rattan
67. Singer of the popular hindi song Nanha Munna Rahi Hoon, Desh Ka Sipah Hoon is:
(a) Asha Bhosle (b) Geeta Dutt
(c) Lata Mangeshkar (d) ShantiMathur
31. The National Award for outstanding contribution to the growth development of Indian Cinema is :
(a) Swarn Kamal
(c) Dada Saheb Palke
(d) Cinema Ratna
63. How many Oscar awards did the movie “Slumdog Millionaire” get?
67. Which of the following is complete set of SAARC Members:
A. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
B. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Myanmar
C. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar
D. None of the above
19. Which of the following wildlife sanctuaries is not situated in State of Uttar Pradesh ?
(a) Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary
(b) Kaimur Wildlife Sanctuary
(c) Chandra Prabha Wildlife Sanctuary
(d) Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary
1. Among the following cities, which one is nearest to the Topic of Cancer.
8. Nathu La pass connects.
(A) Sikkim and Tibet
(B) Himachal Pradesh to Tibet
(C) Uttrakhand to Tibet
(D) Arunachal Pradesh to China
Nanda Devi peak forms a part of
(A) Assam Himalayas
(B) Kumaon Himalayas
(C) Nepal Himalayas
(D) Punjab Himalayas
1. El Nino associated with the formation of Southwest Monsoon of India is-
(A) Abnormally warm ocean current
(B) Periodic Warm Airmass
(C) Periodic Warm Wind
(D) Periodic Low Pressure Cente
6. Which one of the following countries has the largest Muslim population?
(A) Bangla Desh
61. How many times in a year does an equinox take place?
(D) None of the above
62. When does lunar eclipse take place?
(A) Moon comes in between Earth and Sun
(B) Sun comes in between Moon and Earth
(C) Earth comes in between Moon and Sun
(D) None of the above
65. Which is the classical dance of Kerala?
78. custodia legis means
(a) Quorum of Judges
(b) In default
(c) Court"s custody
(d) Custody of Law
32. Consider the following statements with regard to uberrima fides"".
1- It falls within a class of cases, which require utmost good faith.
2- Every contract is a contract uberrima tides.
3- Contract of insurance is an example of uberrima fides.
(a) 1,2 and 3 are correct.
(b) 1 and 3 are correct
(c) 2 and 3 are correct
(d) 1 and 2 are correct
41. In pari delicto” means-
(A) where parents are at fault
(B) in case of equal fault or guilt
(C) a person with guilty mind
(D) a delinquent criminal
68. The Original Constitution of India contains:
A. Several paintings created by a group of painters led by Raja Ravi Varma
B. Several paintings created by a group of painters led by S.H. Raza
C. Several paintings created by a group of painters led by Jamini Roy
D. Several paintings created by a group of painters led by Nandalal Bose
66. Muhammad-bin>Tughlaq is said to have shifted his capital to the Deccan in 1327. What was the name of this place?
98. The first Hun invasion took place during the reign of:
2. The main purpose of Fahien"s visit to India was to :
(a) study the administrative system of Gupta
(b) study Indian art and music rulers
(c) find out an easy land route for trade with
(d) visit Buddhist monasteries and record their history and condition
3. The movement experienced a new life after death.
34. Who was the first Englishman to preside over a Congress session?
(a) A.Q Hume
(b) W. Wedderburn
(c) George Yule
36. Porus was defeated by Alexander at the Battle of...
62. The Champaran (Bihar) Satyagrah was against?
(a) Tea Ranters
(b) Indigo Planters
(c) Coffee Planters
(d) Tobacco Products
55. The words “SATYAMEVA JAYATE” in the State Emblem of India have been adopted from which of the followings:
(A) Brahma Upnishad
(B) Mudgala Upnishad
(C) Maitriyi Upnishad
64. The Britisher who abolished the practice of “SATI” is-
(A) Lord Cornwallis
(B) Lord Edwin Montague
(C) Lord Mountbatten
(D) Lord William Bentinck
73. Hima Das is a famous:
63. Shri Ranjitsingji behind whom the Indian Domestic Cricket Tournament (Ranji Trophy) is named was from the State of :
(a) Rajasthan (b) Saurashtra
(c) Madhya Pradesh (d) Maharashtra
64. The first Cricket Test Match Series against Australia in Australia was won by the Indian Cricket Team under the Captaincy of :
(a) Sourav Ganguly (b) Sunil Gavaskar
(c) Mohammad Azharuddin (d) Virat Kohli
65. The first Indian Woman Athlete who won gold medal in Asian Games?
(a) Nirm:aljeet Bedi (b) Kitan Bedi
(c) Kamaljeet Sandhu (d) P.T. Usha
30. Heema Das is :
(a) An Athlete
(b) An Actor
(c) A Cricketer
(d) A Writer
6. Which country won the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup- 2014 ?
(B) South Africa
14. Tejaswani Sawant is the First Indian Woman to be crowned world champion in-
53. IPL-2009 was held in-
(A) South Africa
66. Shri Ram Nath Kovind is:
A. 15th President of India
B. 13th President of India
C. 14th President of India
D. 11th President of India
69. “Brexit” is:
A. The scheduled withdrawal of the United Kingdom from European Union
B. The scheduled withdrawal of the Belgium from European Union
C. A famous Bollywood movie
D. None of the above
71. Name of the author of “Rebel : A Biography of Ram Jethmalani:
A. Susan Adelman
B. Teesta Setalvad
C. Rani Jethmalani
D. Ram Jethmalani
72. Who is the India’s permanent Envoy to United Nations?
A. Syed Akbaruddin
B. Nirupama Rao
C. Vijay Keshav Gokhale
D. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
68. The height of Statue of Unity situated in District Narmada, Gujarat is :
(a) 597 ft. (b) 482 ft.
(c) 551 ft. (d) 587 ft.
32. The First woman Minister with Defence Portfolio in Independent India:
(a) Nirmala Sitharaman
(b) Marge ratAlva
(c) Sheela Dixit
(d) Indira Gandhi
10. ISRO"s Master control Facility is at Hasan in :
(a) Andhra Pradesh
25. The Government of India has established NITI Aayog to replace the •
(a) Human Rights Commission
(b) Finance Commission
(c) Law Commission
(d) Planning Commission
31. What are gilt-edged securities?
(a) Securities issued by the Multinationals.
(b) Securities issued by the Government
(c) Securities issued by the Private Sectors
(d) Securities issued by the Joint Venture Companies.
87. Which of the following cases is known as the ‘Nirbhaya Case’?
(A) Mumbai rape case
(B) Delhi gang rape
(C) Mathura rape case
(D) None of the above
95. The Supreme Court has recently rule that OBC Students will qualify for admissions under the reserved category if they have……………percent less marks than the eligibility level fixed for the general category students.
11. Recently which country has severed all its ties with United Nations Human Rights Council?
(B) Sri Lanka
17. The Nilekani panel set up in February 2011 recently submitted its report on-
(A) inflation control
(B) Lokpal Institution
(C) Public Distribution System
19. What is the name of the first indigenously developed super computer of India?
52. LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam) leader who was killed by Srilankan Army?
54. Dacoit who was killed in encounter in June, 2009 in district Chitrakoot was-
(B) Malkhan Kewat
(C) Ghanshyam Kewat
(D) Tokia mallah
58. The largest revenue in India is obtained from-
(B) Excise Duty
(C) Sales Tax
(D) Direct Tax
66. What is the period of the 11th Five Year Plan?
57. The First Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India was
(a) Justice M. Patanjali Sastri (b) Justice Vivan Sundaram
(c) Justice H.J. Kania (d) None of the above
58. The First Attorney General of India was:
(a) M. C. Setalvad (b) Bhulabhai Desai
(c) Nanabhoy Palkhivala (d) None of the above
12. How many spokes are there in the Dharma Chakra of the National Flag?
65. ISRO means:
A. Indian Space Research Organization
B. Indian Satellite Regulatory Organization
C. Indian Satellite Research Organization
D. Indian Space Regulating Organization
99. What is carbon footprint:
(a) It is a market based approach for controlling pollution by providing economic incentives for achieving reductions in the emissions of pollutants
(b) If refers to selling of carbon credits to customers
(c) It is a certificate showing that a company or government has paid to have a certain amount of carbon dioxide removed from the environment
(d) It is the total set of greenhouse gases emissions caused by an organisation or product or person
17. What is carbon footprint?
(a) It is a market based approach for controlling pollution by providing economic incentives of pollutants.
(b) It refers to selling of carbon credits to customers.
(c) It is a certificate showing that a company or government has paid to have a certain amount of carbon dioxide removed from the environment.
(d) It is the total set of greenhouse gases emissions caused by an organisation or product or person.
64. Sounds cannot travel through :
(b) Hydrogen gas
7. Which of the following is the lightest metal?
82. Which of the following animals has the power of regeneration?
7. Potassium Permanganate is used for purifying drinking water because-
(A) it is sterilizing agent
(B) it dissolves the impurities of water
(C) it is a reducing agent
(D) it is an oxidizing agent
8. Which one of the following is the newest substance being used in the production of computer chip?
(C) Gallium Silicate
(D) Gallium Arsenide
12. Entomology is a science related to-
15. During sleep the blood pressure of a man-
(D) remains constant
16. Tides in the ocean occur due to-
(A) attraction of the moon
(B) attraction of the sun
(C) both (A) & (B)
(D) spherical shape of the earth
18. Red blood cells are formed in which part of our body?
(C) Bone marrow
67. Syam Basu is ------- bottom a good man :
(a) at (b) in
(c) out (d) about
68. A burnt child
(a) Dreads the fire
(b) Does not care
(c) Runs away
(d) None of the above
80. Lure means to :
99. He let the cat out of the bag at the end of the meeting.
(a) Revealed his real intention
(b) Told a falsehood
(c) Recounted stories of the past
(d) Issued an order
56. Choose the correct form of the word from the alternative given below.
57. Choose the correct form of the word from the alternative given below
58. What is the meaning of the word “Vituperation”.
(D) Bitter criticism
59. What is the meaning of the word “Fallacy”.
60. What is the meaning of the word “Clandestine”.
13. Thesaurus is associated with-
(A) study of religion
(B)study of God
(C) study of earth
(D) study of words
20. Which one of the following is correct Hindi translation of word "revoke"?
1. Which is the correct meaning of word ‘embargo’?
(A) landing place
(C) disease of eye
67. The correct translation into English of Hindi word ‘क्षमता’ is-
68. The correct translation into English of Hindi word ‘पात्रता" is-
69. The correct translation into English of Hindi word ‘निर्देश" is-
70. The correct translation into Hindi of English word ‘approval’ is-
71. Which is the correct meaning of word ‘fallacy’?
(A) primitive poem
(B) barren field
(C) good omen
(D) mistaken idea
72. The correct translation into English of Hindi word ‘निर्भीकता" is-
73. The correct translation into English of Hindi word ‘अस्वीकृति" is-
(C) return back
(D) None of the above
74. The correct translation into Hindi of English word ‘Estimate’ is-
75. The correct translation into Hindi of English word ‘Probable’ is-
(D) एक मुहावरा